National Emergency Number Association ENP program
What can Certification do for me?
Certification is a tool of a professional association to establish the benchmarks of performance that will signify a broad-based competence in the professional field. By successfully completing this certification program, you will:
- Demonstrate a mastery of the comprehensive knowledge base required for emergency number program management.
- Help to raise industry standards and increase the respect and prestige of those involved in 9-1-1.
- Confirm your commitment to the 9-1-1 profession by showing yourself to be a leader in public safety and pledging yourself to stay aware of current issues and developments in the field.
Goals of Certification
- To establish the comprehensive body of knowledge for Emergency Number Professionals.
- To promote a standard of competence for Emergency Number Professionals that will be recognized and accepted by the 9-1-1 profession, government agencies, the business community, and the general public.
- To ensure an awareness of current issues and developments in the 9-1-1 profession.
- To provide formal recognition of individuals for professional achievement.
- To encourage professional growth and enhance the self-esteem of Emergency Number Professionals.
How Do I get Certified?
First the ENP candidate must meet the experience criteria.
Second the ENP candidate must have accumulated the necessary minimum points.
Then the ENP candidate must submit the Eligibility Application to NENA.
See the NENA ENP web site for the exact requirements.
The Industry Partners listed on the left has offered Scholarships to TENA members.
Please Visit and Thank them for their Support.
To qualify for a Scholarship -
- Be eligible based on the NENA eligibility requirements,
- be a member of NENA and TENA,
- have a letter from Board Chairperson or Director stating that the District/Agency will not pay for the exam fee,
- and submit a short one to two paragraph essay why you should be selected for a scholarship.
How to apply for a Scholarship?
Fill out the ENP Eligibility Application for ENP Certification form and testing center application for ENP (both from ENP Application Handbook) - leave payment information blank and please put your NENA membership number on the Application.
Attach the letter from your Board Chair or Director, the essay.
Fax or email the Application, Testing Center Application, letter and essay to TENA Admin who will forward it to the ENP Committee.
What happens next???The ENP Committee will review and submit the applications that are selected. The ENP Committee will schedule a conference call with the applicant. Then the ENP Committee will notify those selected. TENA will send the application along with payment to NENA. You will be notified by NENA when to sit for the test.
Contact anyone on the ENP Committee for more information.